February 01, 2011

TRUFFLE RECIPE









I guess because I'm pregnant and I've got chocolate on the brain all the time--I just wanted to share one of my absolute easy peasy and favorite recipe for making truffles. Whenever I make these, people always want the recipe.




These make great Valentine treats, aside from the regular sugar cookie. It's so fun to get kids involved and let them decorate their own--or sometimes it's just fun to do it on your own and discover all the fun ways to decorate the chocolates yourself...while you eat them. :)




I actually discovered this recipe in a magazine a few years ago, but I found them on allrecipes.com in case you wanted to link to their page and see all the pretty pictures and fun ideas people had.




Have fun making these. I know I can't stay out of them! ;)






Chocolate Truffles




Ingredients:


1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla



Directions:



In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.





Footnotes:



Roll truffles in melted chocolate, or ground walnuts (or any ground nuts), cocoa, coconut, confectioners' sugar, candy sprinkles, white chocolate chips, etc.
To flavor truffles with liqueurs or other flavorings, omit vanilla. Divide truffle mixture into thirds. Add 1 tablespoon liqueur (almond, raspberry, orange, mint) to each mixture; mix well.










4 comments:

AnnieAd said...

They look tasty! I think you must have cut and pasted the instructions though, because I'm not sure you even know what a 'liqueur' is. [hee hee]

Kayli Sue said...

Oh my gosh this looks fun!! I'm pregnant too and need more guilty pleasures so this will be a must try! Thanks!

Amy said...

Um.....MOUTH drooling as we speak. So one of your lovely neighbors told me she LOVES anything chocolate too, hmmm.....maybe you should make them for her! Hint Hint!

Actually this looks easy enough and fun enough for the kiddos to try it out, maybe we will take some around to the neighbors as well. How you feeling over there anyway??

Carrie said...

My thighs don't like you very much...but my heart loves you:)